Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Macbeth Today Society

Journalism: the objectivity of the writer Pedro Paramo

These days I found myself talking with a friend who is moving closer to journalism objectivity of the journalist.
I am reminded of a paradox that my chemistry teacher told in high school: when studying the atom, and you insert a tool to observe its structure is obvious that only know the situation that is created after the upheaval caused by our survey instrument and why her "normal state". That is how you look when you're not.
The fact exists apart from a journalist. But the journalist is often our tool for learning a fact. Because the journalist reports the facts. He looks from one point of view, hers, and I tell it. So
objectivity does not mean to be neutral to the fact, which is in itself impossible, as it is impossible to know the state of the atom when we observe it.
Objectivity is to recognize the partiality of their views. It is unlikely that a journalist has no opinions about a fact, but the objective journalist separates fact from himself. First the back story of the event, then their opinions. That is why it is good to "attack piece" with the elements of fact and just put the comments in the queue.
The next time I write a rule that I follow to "attack piece". I'd like to know what you think about what is written.

0 comments:

Post a Comment